What is StreetWorks?
StreetWorks is a harm reduction program that offers sterile injection and disposal supplies to people who inject drugs. The program is free, confidential and serves the entire Niagara Region.
What Is Available:
- Needles and syringes in various sizes
- Sharps containers
- Ties, filters, alcohol swabs, sterile spoons
- Condoms, lubricant, dental dams
- Information on safer sex, safer injection
- Non-judgemental supportive counselling and referrals
- Nursing services in the office and in the van providing HIV, hepatitis A,B and C testing as well as STI testing, pregnancy tests and minor wound care.
- Hep C outreach worker is available to answer questions and get people linked into the Hepatitis C Care Clinic to be assessed for treatment.
Afternoons at StreetWorks
Monday Afternoons: 1-4pm Public Health Nurse is available for HIV, Hep C and STI testing as well as wound care.
Tuesday Afternoons: 1-4pm Hepatitis C Outreach Worker, from the Hepatitis C Care Clinic, is available to answer questions, provide referrals for Hep C treatment and support for people going through the treatment.
Call for an appointment or drop in to see the Public Health Nurse or Hepatitis C Outreach Worker.
We Can Come to You!
StreetWorks can meet you where you are at Monday – Friday from 6-10:30pm.
For Mobile Service call the StreetWorks cell phone (905) 328-6715.
You can also visit our office, Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm and ask to speak with a StreetWorks staff person.
How to contact StreetWorks: